Black Bean and Turkey Burgers
2 c. chopped mushrooms ½ t. cumin
½ c. rolled oats ½ t. coriander
¼ c. raw pumpkin seeds ½ t. chili powder
2 carrots, grated ½ t. onion powder
1 ½ c. cooked black beans, drained ¼ t. black pepper
1 c. ground turkey 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
· Preheat oven to 300*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; lightly wipe on olive oil.
· Heat 1-2 T. water in a small pan and sauté mushrooms until tender and moisture is gone. Set aside.
· Grind oats and pumpkin seeds in a food processor. Add grated carrots, ¾ of the black beans and all of the seasonings. Process until blended. Spoon mixture into a mixing bowl and Stir in mushrooms, remaining black beans and ground turkey mix well.
· Form into seven medium size patties. Place patties onto oiled parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes.
· Serve with 100% whole grain roll or pita with sliced red onion, sliced tomato, romaine lettuce and condiments of your choice. (BBQ, mayo, mustard)
Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries
Preheat oven to 375*
In medium mixing bowl add:
2 T. water
½ t. Bragg Liquid Aminos
½ t. thyme
½ t. oregano
½ t. basil
½ t. paprika
2 T. nutritional yeast
Black pepper to taste
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries or long wedges
Mix well until potatoes are well coated with seasonings. Place potatoes in a single layer onto a baking sheet or one that is lined with a nonstick baking mat. Bake for 45 minutes or until baked through. Serve with ketchup if you desire.
I could not believe how good this turned out. I'm so excited I have a meal I can do without guilt. So good, so tasty and hey so healthy. Yeah!